Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Catch Up

 Ok, this weekend was Rachael's cousin's(Megan) Wedding in CT.  So, we drove up and got caught in GWB traffic.  I was on a 4.5 hour pace that turned into 6 hours.  We shared a room with her Dad (Kevin), and Brother (Kyle).  Rachael is definately a kid around her dad.  "Daddy", "Yes, Daddy" and "Dad, Kyle is being a prick."  It's kinda cute.  We got in drank a bit with her cousins, and brother.  Her brother and I went to bed at 4am.

Next morning at 6am I wake up.  I waste some time, then Kevin wakes up.  Kevin and I went for like a 1.5-2 miles walk and came back.   Rachael, Kyle, Kevin, Spencer (One of Megan's brothers (another cousin)) went with us to get breakfast.  After that off to get some beer, and went back to the hotel.  After much drinking, and more introductions it was time to head to the weddings.  Nothing was ironed, so I ironed everyone's clothes, took a shower and got ready.  We made it just in time for the service.After the service,  was the cocktail hour, where I met her aunt Connie.  Well, when I met her went up to her with a Trinidadian accent.   She started laughing right away and for the rest of the night, when ever I spoke to her, I spoke with an accent.  There was another black guy there and he was dancing up on Aunt Connie, so I jumped behind her and She turned around and said that she was an Oreo cookie.  

Anyway, a great time was had by all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Niel said...

EHHHH BOY!!
WHY'D YOU GO WITH DA ACCENT!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Oreo cookie. Heheh I haven't heard comedy like that since the Jeffersons went off the air :-). But I'm just a silly honkey. A wig Dreadlocks would have been a nice touch to go along with the accent.

11:38 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Wow.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home